Thursday 20 September 2012

XXX booster kit

developed in the early nineties for improving the performance 
of the stock venturi
improved engine performance in HP, fuel economy, emissions 
and drive ability
and a discount if you purchase the extension screw kit

oh why not, I've already spent a small fortune in money and time on this piece of shit carb
I noticed that my mate Ray's holley carb had something similar to the booster kit as fitted which is  probably why Bob calls it a 'proven product in the 
automotive industry'. 
Also notice the smaller holes in the tube which I guess deliver fuel as fine spray. Similar I guess to the yost power tube which sits in the original main jet tube body, that I've bloody tried already in a vain attempt to get the crappy carb to perform like one would expect!
The package arrived two weeks ago after the Trip Out, decided I had to sort out the jetting on my carb first though, having waded through a load of bullshit on the web, about not fitting small jets, I've just watched S&S fit a 66 main jet to a dyna glide tuning it on their dyno...

No comments: