Monday 27 December 2010

'you got a bottle of what? for christmas'...

I was having a chat with one of the locals ...in my local.
Not somewhere I've frequented for quite a while.
Partly due to a feeling of nothing in common and I'd put the 'fitting in' golf clubs away.

Ever felt like 'a stranger in a strange land'?
Could have been the puff  I guess haha

"So you you bought a tig welder and kit for £390 quid... and then had to get an argon gas bottle for £100 or so quid... and all to weld up 2 brackets?... that you'd had someone weld in position for you but you decided cut up? 
and you tell me you can't weld?...

5 comments:

Rowan said...

sounds like a gas ... man

Rowan said...

oh and thats a bloody good present... i got a 'make your own Morph plasticine kit' ...

Anonymous said...

argon is good for us, now you can play, cool

arcadian said...

well i have thought of a few other things that I could do chaps, but as someone said, think three time, measure twice and...

Andy from Workshopshed said...

Very sensible going for a decent sized bottle. I can recommend the MIG Welding forum for advice on all kinds of welding (including TIG) post some pictures up and they will likely tell you what you are doing wrong. If you are melting the tungsten then your gas flow could be wrong or you could be too far from the work.