Sunday 13 November 2011

another fucking learning curve...

Oh dear, look, someone has fitted the drive shaft seal - wrongly
 Took the pump apart to re seat the check ball and the rebuild kit came with seals, lock ring and gaskets etc, so I replaced the drive shaft seal - that I found had been fitted incorrectly... the lip should face out - grrrrrrrr
I like to have a full manicure before assembling the oil pump
The lovely Ren risked her fresh painted nails to help while I pushed on the lock ring. A screwdiver inserted in the lock ring groove stopped the shaft being pushed in - making it virtually impossible to get that stupid fucking lockring on.

And yes, next time I will take the timing chest cover off. The risk of not pushing the drive shaft in to the chest and losing the breather woodruff key while putting the pump body on... is a fucking miracle.


No comments: