Monday, 30 May 2011

thank fuck that's sorted...

I took a couple of mil off the gearbox plate mounts and fitted the support bearing to the inner primary. Paul came around again and after 'tea' we gently bolted the inner primary to the box and then engine, and after tightening up the gearbox we found #######...
With hindsight it only required the rear mounts grinding down but still surprised at how much space under the front mounts would still require shimming.
Came apart dead easy, no stressed tight bits, so gearbox sprocket can be tightened up if my big spanner arrives tomorrow and some shimming and a dab of paint on the bare metal.
Finally everything can be buttoned down and move on

No comments: